Old 05-13-2011, 06:52 PM

Default Woody ... Squeeze, PPP works over a null modem; was Re (2): How to use serial ports?

From: peasthope@shaw.ca
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:57:26 -0800
> May 13 08:56:14 dalton pppd[2046]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so.
>
> Previously, PPP would refer to /etc/passwd but seems to have forgotten that.

In setting up the fresh machine I put this in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets.
* dalton1 "" *
Should have revised to this when the previous machine was replaced.
* dalton "" *

All the documentation in the world can't replace human memory.

So Tapio, a null modem still works. Start with the simplest configuration
and check all the details. Then work your way up to your objective.

Regards, ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132. bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca