Old 05-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Edmond Halley

Default How to get apt source code via VCS?

Hi,

I would like to get apt source code via VCS(git,bzr,svn...). I do not
find the repository of apt.
I have cloned aptitude
repository(git://git.debian.org/aptitude/aptitude.git) and am reading
the code. I find it refers to apt class. I would like to look into apt
code.
Is there a repot of apt?
If this is not the right place for this topic, would you please point
me to the right group?
Thank you!

Best regards,
Halley

Old 05-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Florian Ernst

Hello,

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 03:29:45PM +0800, Edmond Halley wrote:
> I would like to get apt source code via VCS(git,bzr,svn...). I do not
> find the repository of apt. [...]
> Is there a repot of apt?

Your first stop for checking something like this would be
http://packages.qa.debian.org/<packagename>
which in this case redirects to
http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/apt.html

Generally, if the package maintainers have included links to their VCS
repo (via adding the appropriate headers to the package control file)
then they are displayed here. If not, you could try checking the
copyright file and/or the homepage of the software project in question,
if available.

Cheers,
Flo

Old 05-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Wolodja Wentland

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 09:57 +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 03:29:45PM +0800, Edmond Halley wrote:
> > I would like to get apt source code via VCS(git,bzr,svn...). I do not
> > find the repository of apt. [...]
>
> Your first stop for checking something like this would be
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/<packagename>
> which in this case redirects to
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/apt.html

> Generally, if the package maintainers have included links to their VCS
> repo (via adding the appropriate headers to the package control file)
> then they are displayed here. If not, you could try checking the
> copyright file and/or the homepage of the software project in question,
> if available.

… and you can easily checkout the code with "debcheckout PACKAGE"

--
.'`. Wolodja Wentland <babilen@gmail.com>
: :' :