Old 05-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Charles Blair

Default access to non-free from aptitude (continued)?

[Sorry, I'm using claws-mail and it doesn't seem to let
me post follow-ups]

Thanks to everyone for the prompt responses, but I still have
a problem. My /etc/apt/sources.list includes

> deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free

I tried typing "aptitude update". Part of the output:

> Ign http://debian.uchicago.edu lenny/non-free Translation-en_US
> Ign http://debian.uchicago.edu lenny/non-free Packages/DiffIndex
> Hit http://debian.uchicago.edu lenny/non-free Packages

However, when I start aptitude, click on "not installed
packages," then on "editors," the only thing I see is main.

Is there an aptitude tutorial someplace? I suspect there
are a lot of basic things I don't know.