Old 05-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Magicloud Magiclouds

Default dpkg died.

Hi,
Today I installed a third party .dpkg file, which failed due to
unmet dependencies.
Then I tried to remove it, or install the dependencies by aptitude.
Well, dpkg database seemed to be interrupted.
For example, when I tried to remove, I got:

dpkg: error processing navalplan (--remove):
Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
reinstall it before attempting a removal.
configured to not write apport reports
navalplan
A package failed to install. Trying to recover:

How to resolve this?
--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞

Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Magicloud Magiclouds

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@gmail.com> wrote:
> grrr, for the list

Thank you for the reply. I had tried something similar, not helping.
Then I hacked the database in /var/lib/dpkg, at least it worked.

--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞