Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Wayne Topa

Default No landscape option at Opera's printing settings

On 05/11/2011 04:55 PM, Camaleón wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2011 22:34:19 +0200, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:

11/05/2011 22:03, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

If you can't change from portrait to landscape, being that the page
options selections are grayed out, how can it?

opera 11.10.2092 on sid

Let me check this on wheezy and Opera 11.10 downloaded from the Opera
site... hum, yes, you are right, it is disabled :-?

I even get disabled the option to select the paper size! This has to be
some kind of bug in Opera, for sure, because this is the only app where
this happens.

(I've also checked at the Opera's hidden printer settings
-about:config- but there is no option to select the page printing
layot, how bad ;-()

How you guys doing it ? I just retried and I can print from Opera 11.10
(2092) on Debian Wheezy/Sid amd64 in landscape mode, to PDF file or real
printer !

Here not with PDF nor real printers! :-)

When the print dialog box pops-up I have an "option" button in the down
left, this doesn't give an option to print in landscape mode, but at the
upper right there is a "properties" button adjacent to the (virtual or
not) printer selected. This one allows me to choose landscape mode.

This is what I get:

http://picpaste.com/opera-printer-settings-aOLJEOA7.png

I found that the tabs differ for different printers. Here is what my
HP6P printer shows.

http://picpaste.com/del/NbJyw2sO/Opera-Print_Setup-Ni8yC7R3.png

Maybe this has something to do with using Opera in KDE vs Gnome, or the
way the printer is set up ?

That can be the cause. AFAIK, Opera uses Qt for the printing settings and
this can be somehow broken in GNOME. I say this because I only experience
this problem within Opera :-?

Greetings,

Archive: 4DCB0018.6030205@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4DCB0018.6030205@gmail.com

Old 05-11-2011, 10:08 PM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

11/05/2011 22:55, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2011 22:34:19 +0200, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
>
>>> 11/05/2011 22:03, Camaleón wrote:
>
> (...)

>>> Let me check this on wheezy and Opera 11.10 downloaded from the Opera
>>> site... hum, yes, you are right, it is disabled :-?
>>>
>>> I even get disabled the option to select the paper size! This has to be
>>> some kind of bug in Opera, for sure, because this is the only app where
>>> this happens.
>>>
>>> (I've also checked at the Opera's hidden printer settings
>>> -about:config- but there is no option to select the page printing
>>> layot, how bad ;-()
>>>

>> How you guys doing it ? I just retried and I can print from Opera 11.10
>> (2092) on Debian Wheezy/Sid amd64 in landscape mode, to PDF file or real
>> printer !
>
> Here not with PDF nor real printers! :-)
>
>> When the print dialog box pops-up I have an "option" button in the down
>> left, this doesn't give an option to print in landscape mode, but at the
>> upper right there is a "properties" button adjacent to the (virtual or
>> not) printer selected. This one allows me to choose landscape mode.
>
> This is what I get:
>
> http://picpaste.com/opera-printer-settings-aOLJEOA7.png
>
>> Maybe this has something to do with using Opera in KDE vs Gnome, or the
>> way the printer is set up ?
>
> That can be the cause. AFAIK, Opera uses Qt for the printing settings and
> this can be somehow broken in GNOME. I say this because I only experience
> this problem within Opera :-?
>
> Greetings,

Very different from what I get:

http://picpaste.com/opera_print-SYxRbTI7.png

The right window appears when using the "properties" button.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Camaleón

On Wed, 11 May 2011 17:31:04 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

> On 05/11/2011 04:55 PM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> This is what I get:
>>
>> http://picpaste.com/opera-printer-settings-aOLJEOA7.png
>
> I found that the tabs differ for different printers. Here is what my
> HP6P printer shows.
>
> http://picpaste.com/del/NbJyw2sO/Opera-Print_Setup-Ni8yC7R3.png

This link is better:

http://picpaste.com/Opera-Print_Setup-Ni8yC7R3.png

Yes, and that's the expected.

I have two different printers setup in CUPS and each of them provide
different options because of the printer's own capabilities and even the
driver in use :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Camaleón

On Thu, 12 May 2011 00:08:05 +0200, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:

> 11/05/2011 22:55, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> This is what I get:
>>
>> http://picpaste.com/opera-printer-settings-aOLJEOA7.png
>>
>>> Maybe this has something to do with using Opera in KDE vs Gnome, or
>>> the way the printer is set up ?
>>
>> That can be the cause. AFAIK, Opera uses Qt for the printing settings
>> and this can be somehow broken in GNOME. I say this because I only
>> experience this problem within Opera :-?
>>

> Very different from what I get:
>
> http://picpaste.com/opera_print-SYxRbTI7.png
>
> The right window appears when using the "properties" button.

I see. Then sure it has to be something related to Opera using Qt
libraries for their printing module:

http://www.opera.com/support/kb/view/481/

I cannot find another explanation :-?

Greetings,