Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Perry Thompson

Default Logitech Headset not working

I'm running Debian 6.0.1 stable on an Asus Eee PC 1201PN, and I have
been unable to get my Logitech ClearChat Pro USB headset to work with
it. It worked fine on Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10. I can also manually choose
hw:1 or hw:2 (depending on which it is at the time) and it works (in
programs such as Skype and Audacity).

Any ideas on how I can get it work? I am also able to get it work by
putting some simple code into .asoundrc, however I can only listen to
one stream at a time, unlike with my internal speakers. The code I use
is this...

pcm.!default {
type hw
card 2
}
ctl.!default {
type hw
card 2
}

Still, it is not practical. Any other ideas? I would have hoped it would
work automatically as it does on Ubuntu :/