Old 05-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Rob Owens

Default lirc serial IR blaster

I'm trying to get my serial IR blaster to work. Before I join the lirc
mailing list, does anybody know of any bugs in Debian Squeeze that would
prevent this from working?

I bought the light-up blaster from here: http://www.irblaster.info/

It is lighting when I send channel change signals, but it's not having
any affect on my VIP211k receiver from Dish Network. When I test it on
a USB receiver, the receiver lights up, indicating that it is
receiving an IR signal (although it is very sensitive to the position of
the IR blaster).

I've tried several lircd.conf files from the internet, and created my
own using irrecord. Nothing so far has worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've spent about 20 hours on
this so far!

-Rob