Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM
roberto

Default new wifi configuration

hello, i've been using this manual configuration for my wireless card
till now (2 years):

wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i eth1 -B

ifconfig eth1 ip_address
route add default gw ip_address eth1

where /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf is as follows:
network={
ssid="name"
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
psk="password"
}

and it worked fine.

Now i have a new wireless router with dhcp.
Can you tell me how i have to change that configuration ?

Thank you in advance !
--
roberto

Old 05-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Volkan YAZICI

On Tue, 10 May 2011 20:38:42 +0200, roberto writes:
> hello, i've been using this manual configuration for my wireless card
> till now (2 years):
>
> wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i eth1 -B
>
> ifconfig eth1 ip_address
> route add default gw ip_address eth1

Instead of above two lines, type "dhclient eth1".