Old 05-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Narendra Sisodiya

Default I am not receiving my discussion mail.

Please reply me, let me test, whether I am getting reply of email or not..
--
┌─────────────── ─────────┐
│* * Narendra Sisodiya

└─────────────── ─────────┘

Old 05-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Camalen

On Tue, 10 May 2011 20:53:14 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:

> Please reply me, let me test, whether I am getting reply of email or
> not..

Are you using Gmail's smtp service?

If yes, it's normal you don't get your own postings (this is a well-known
"bugture": a bug that is called a "feature" :-P)

Greetings,

--
Camalen

Old 05-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Camalen

Old 05-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Chris Brennan

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Camalen <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 10 May 2011 20:53:14 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:

> Please reply me, let me test, whether I am getting reply of email or

> not..

Are you using Gmail's smtp service?

If yes, it's normal you don't get your own postings (this is a well-known

"bugture": a bug that is called a "feature" :-P)

Or a feature that is a bug ... take your pick, it works both ways

Old 05-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Wolodja Wentland

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 15:43 +0000, Camalen wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2011 20:53:14 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:
>
> > Please reply me, let me test, whether I am getting reply of email or
> > not..
>
> Are you using Gmail's smtp service?
>
> If yes, it's normal you don't get your own postings (this is a well-known
> "bugture": a bug that is called a "feature" :-P)

From [0]:

---
If you are sending messages from Gmail, you can get the sent messages to
appear in the Inbox, but not the incoming messages. There is a documented and
undocumented way to do it:

Documented: make the mailing list a custom From address. (Unfortunately, the
confirmation message will go to the list.)

Undocumented: Set up a filter for "to:mailing_list_address", and apply the
"Never send to spam" action.
---

[0] http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=737a9de8dc7f8cb7
--
.'`. Wolodja Wentland <babilen@gmail.com>
: :' :

Old 05-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Freeman

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 08:53:14PM +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:
> Please reply me, let me test, whether I am getting reply of email or not..

Compare your INBOX to

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/05/thrd2.html

Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody

Old 05-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Jimmy Johnson

Narendra Sisodiya wrote:

Please reply me, let me test, whether I am getting reply of email or not..

If you read debian-user from the GMAIL "All-Mail" folder you will see
your post plus the replies.

--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid - AMD64 - EXT4 - KDE 4.5.3 at sda14
Registered Linux User #380263

Archive: 4DCA92B0.8000307@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4DCA92B0.8000307@gmail.com

Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Camalen

On Tue, 10 May 2011 22:25:50 +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 15:43 +0000, Camalen wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 May 2011 20:53:14 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:
>>
>> > Please reply me, let me test, whether I am getting reply of email or
>> > not..
>>
>> Are you using Gmail's smtp service?
>>
>> If yes, it's normal you don't get your own postings (this is a
>> well-known "bugture": a bug that is called a "feature" :-P)
>
> From [0]:
>
> ---
> If you are sending messages from Gmail, you can get the sent messages to
> appear in the Inbox, but not the incoming messages. There is a
> documented and undocumented way to do it:
>
> Documented: make the mailing list a custom From address. (Unfortunately,
> the
> confirmation message will go to the list.)
>
> Undocumented: Set up a filter for "to:mailing_list_address", and apply
> the
> "Never send to spam" action.
> ---
>
> [0]
> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=737a9de8dc7f8cb7

I have not tested any of those but I'm not sure those "bypasses" can work
well.

It is indeed a documented "bugture" of Gmail:

Messages sent to mailing lists don't show in my inbox
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6588

Messages with the same ID are not displayed in the inbox (sic) "to save
you time and prevent clutter". That's just crazy :-)

Greetings,

--
Camalen

Old 05-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Steven

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 22:25 +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 15:43 +0000, Camalen wrote:
>
> Undocumented: Set up a filter for "to:mailing_list_address", and apply the
> "Never send to spam" action.

I personally tried this, but it doesn't seem to work here, the part that
does work is what it actually says: not putting any messages in the spam
folder.