Old 05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Camaleón

Default Single mouse click registers as double click

On Mon, 09 May 2011 14:01:18 +0200, Ijon Tichy wrote:

> I've had this problem (a single mouse click being considered as double
> click) from quite a long time (almost two years) in two different
> computers, and unfortunately I couldn't solve it yet.

Now that the main nature of the problem is more clear, I've found that
there was a bug report opened for a similar problem:

xserver-xorg-input-mouse: Duplicate events for mouse

But it should have been resolved since years.

> Searching through Google and (of course) the Debian mailing lists, I
> found that:
>
> (1) it seems to be a quite old bug, and

A bug is not a bug until it has been confirmed to be a bug, so do you
have a bug report number? :-P

> (2) there are several ways to "solve" it (mainly aiming some
> modification of xorg.conf).
>
> Unfortunately, as I said before, none of those solutions worked for me,
> so I finally decided to reinstall Debian (using a weekly-build) two
> months ago. But the problem persists (in both computers). I even tried a
> live Knoppix to check out whether the problem was also present there or
> not (it was; not surprising, considering that Knoppix is based on
> Debian, of course).
>
> So the question is: does anyone know whether there is a solution for
> this bug?

If there is still none, open a bug report so this can be further
investigated. BTW, I've never experienced such problem :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Nigel Henry

On Monday 09 May 2011 16:47, Ijon Tichy wrote:
> Hi again

> Thanks anyway for your replies.
>
> Cheers.

Hi.

I had this problem on Lenny after some updates back in May 2008, the solution
for me was as below.

(Quote from my previous post to the list in May 2008)
A private e-mail sent to me from someone on either the Debian-User list, or
the KDE list, has enabled me to resolve the mouse problem.

All I had to do was edit a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf relating to the mouse.

Section "InputDevice" "Generic Mouse"

Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"

I changed the above line from "true" to "false", as suggested, and now the
mouse works as it always has done in the past.

Having made the changes, a logout, followed by logging back in to KDE did not
fix the problem. A reboot was necessary.
(End quote)

If you don't have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf, create the file, and just add the two
lines above, making sure that the second line is changed to false.

Hoping it may resolve your problem.

Nigel.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Tom Furie

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 06:56:24PM +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> All I had to do was edit a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf relating to the mouse.
>
> Section "InputDevice" "Generic Mouse"
>
> Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
>
> I changed the above line from "true" to "false", as suggested, and now the
> mouse works as it always has done in the past.
>
> Having made the changes, a logout, followed by logging back in to KDE did not
> fix the problem. A reboot was necessary.
> (End quote)

Probably, a restart of X would have been enough here (something like
/etc/init.d/kdm restart) without a full reboot.

Cheers,
Tom

--
It don't mean a THING if you ain't got that SWING!!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Tom Furie

Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Doug