FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-09-2011, 07:05 AM
spp mg
 
Default firmware-realtek (0.29) can't work at amd64

hi
I have rtl8191su wireless chip,and os is debian amd64 testing.

I can compile source from RealTek in kernel 2.6.26,but the newer can't.
So I try to use apt install the firmware-realtek (0.29).(I believe rtl8192 and rtl8191 use same source.),but it can't work too.



And I try to use the i386 system( kernel 2.6.38, installed firmware-realtek (0.29)),it work perfect!

How to solve this problem? thanks a lot .
 
Old 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Camaleón
 
Default firmware-realtek (0.29) can't work at amd64

On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:05:12 +0800, spp mg wrote:

> I have rtl8191su wireless chip,and os is debian amd64 testing.
>
> I can compile source from RealTek in kernel 2.6.26,but the newer can't.
> So I try to use apt install the firmware-realtek (0.29).(I believe
> rtl8192 and rtl8191 use same source.),but it can't work too.
>
> And I try to use the i386 system( kernel 2.6.38, installed
> firmware-realtek (0.29)),it work perfect!
>
> How to solve this problem? thanks a lot .

I'm not sure if you have already tried with any of the mentioned in this
wiki page:

http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x

It seems the driver has been available since kernel 2.6.32-10 so it
should also be present for 2.6.38-x and upwards :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.05.09.15.23.57@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.05.09.15.23.57@gmail.com
 
Old 05-16-2011, 06:39 AM
spp mg
 
Default firmware-realtek (0.29) can't work at amd64

sorry,I am too late to reply.
Because I have not the RTL chip at hand.I can't try now.

I try to describe detail.
I use wicd (RTL8191SU and amd64) connect wireless network.

wicd scan function is ok, but when I connect net,it will connect a long time,and display "password error".But I'm sure password is right.(The config can use in kernel 2.6.26.)



On the i386,I just use apt install firmware-realtek (0.29).
------
Other information :
When RTL chip work ,r8712u will load.
I read the Wheezy section (from the debian wiki page).
I just don't do that :


cp rtl8192u_linux_2.6.0006.1031.2008/firmware/RTL8192U/* /usr/local/lib/firmware/RTL8192U

(And my chip is not 8192.)



2011/5/9 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>


On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:05:12 +0800, spp mg wrote:



> I have rtl8191su wireless chip,and os is debian amd64 testing.

>

> I can compile source from RealTek in kernel 2.6.26,but the newer can't.

> So I try to use apt install the firmware-realtek (0.29).(I believe

> rtl8192 and rtl8191 use same source.),but it can't work too.

>

> And I try to use the i386 system( kernel 2.6.38, installed

> firmware-realtek (0.29)),it work perfect!

>

> How to solve this problem? thanks a lot .



I'm not sure if you have already tried with any of the mentioned in this

wiki page:



http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x



It seems the driver has been available since kernel 2.6.32-10 so it

should also be present for 2.6.38-x and upwards :-?



Greetings,



--

Camaleón





--

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org

with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.05.09.15.23.57@gmail.com
 
Old 05-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Camaleón
 
Default firmware-realtek (0.29) can't work at amd64

On Mon, 16 May 2011 14:39:47 +0800, spp mg wrote:

> 2011/5/9 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
>
>> On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:05:12 +0800, spp mg wrote:
>>
>> > I have rtl8191su wireless chip,and os is debian amd64 testing.
>> >
>> > I can compile source from RealTek in kernel 2.6.26,but the newer
>> > can't. So I try to use apt install the firmware-realtek (0.29).(I
>> > believe rtl8192 and rtl8191 use same source.),but it can't work too.
>> >
>> > And I try to use the i386 system( kernel 2.6.38, installed
>> > firmware-realtek (0.29)),it work perfect!
>> >
>> > How to solve this problem? thanks a lot .
>>
>> I'm not sure if you have already tried with any of the mentioned in
>> this wiki page:
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x
>>
>> It seems the driver has been available since kernel 2.6.32-10 so it
>> should also be present for 2.6.38-x and upwards :-?

> sorry,I am too late to reply.

(no problem, but don't make use of html formatted messages and better yet
if you reply at bottom or inline and don't cross-post ;-))

> Because I have not the RTL chip at hand.I can't try now.
>
> I try to describe detail.
> I use wicd (RTL8191SU and amd64) connect wireless network.
>
> wicd scan function is ok, but when I connect net,it will connect a long
> time,and display "password error".But I'm sure password is right.(The
> config can use in kernel 2.6.26.)

Make wicd to be more verbose if possible, there must be an option in the
program settings you can toggle on.

> On the i386,I just use apt install firmware-realtek (0.29).

And it works fine? Then it can be a bug within the amd64 port package.

------
> Other information :
> When RTL chip work ,r8712u will load. I read the Wheezy section (from
> the debian wiki page). I just don't do that :
> cp rtl8192u_linux_2.6.0006.1031.2008/firmware/RTL8192U/*
> /usr/local/lib/firmware/RTL8192U
>
> (And my chip is not 8192.)

Your chipset (rtl8191su) should be supported by "r8712u" driver, or at
least that's what it says the wiki page.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.05.16.17.44.52@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.05.16.17.44.52@gmail.com
 
Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 AM
spp mg
 
Default firmware-realtek (0.29) can't work at amd64

2011/5/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
>
> On Mon, 16 May 2011 14:39:47 +0800, spp mg wrote:
>
> > 2011/5/9 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> >
> >> On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:05:12 +0800, spp mg wrote:
> >>
> >> > I have rtl8191su wireless chip,and os is debian amd64 testing.
> >> >
> >> > I can compile source from RealTek in kernel 2.6.26,but the newer
> >> > can't. So I try to use apt install the firmware-realtek (0.29).(I
> >> > believe rtl8192 and rtl8191 use same source.),but it can't work too.
> >> >
> >> > And I try to use the i386 system( kernel 2.6.38, installed
> >> > firmware-realtek (0.29)),it work perfect!
> >> >
> >> > How to solve this problem? thanks a lot .
> >>
> >> I'm not sure if you have already tried with any of the mentioned in
> >> this wiki page:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x
> >>
> >> It seems the driver has been available since kernel 2.6.32-10 so it
> >> should also be present for 2.6.38-x and upwards :-?
>
> > sorry,I am too late to reply.
>
> (no problem, but don't make use of html formatted messages and better yet
> if you reply at bottom or inline and don't cross-post ;-))

Ok, like this?
>
> > Because I have not the RTL chip at hand.I can't try now.
> >
> > I try to describe detail.
> > I use wicd (RTL8191SU and amd64) connect wireless network.
> >
> > wicd scan function is ok, but when I connect net,it will connect a long
> > time,and display "password error".But I'm sure password is right.(The
> > config can use in kernel 2.6.26.)
>
> Make wicd to be more verbose if possible, there must be an option in the
> program settings you can toggle on.

Oh,I used "wicd-curses".I will try to use "wicd-cli" or find logs.

>
> > On the i386,I just use apt install firmware-realtek (0.29).
>
> And it works fine? Then it can be a bug within the amd64 port package.
>
Yes,it's works fine.
When I go back hometown (less then 1 month), I will use live cd of
i386 and amd64 to test again. Because I just use other computer to
test i386.

If it's bug,how to report?

> *------
> > Other information :
> > When RTL chip work ,r8712u will load. I read the Wheezy section (from
> > the debian wiki page). I just don't do that :
> > cp rtl8192u_linux_2.6.0006.1031.2008/firmware/RTL8192U/*
> > /usr/local/lib/firmware/RTL8192U
> >
> > (And my chip is not 8192.)
>
> Your chipset (rtl8191su) should be supported by "r8712u" driver, or at
> least that's what it says the wiki page.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.05.16.17.44.52@gmail.com
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: BANLkTimtL-eTb2i8YCt3J=xKwdSdKQy6Yw@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/BANLkTimtL-eTb2i8YCt3J=xKwdSdKQy6Yw@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 05-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Camaleón
 
Default firmware-realtek (0.29) can't work at amd64

On Thu, 19 May 2011 11:29:35 +0800, spp mg wrote:

> 2011/5/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>

(...)

>> > sorry,I am too late to reply.
>>
>> (no problem, but don't make use of html formatted messages and better
>> yet if you reply at bottom or inline and don't cross-post ;-))
>
> Ok, like this?

Much better, thanks :-)

>> > wicd scan function is ok, but when I connect net,it will connect a
>> > long time,and display "password error".But I'm sure password is
>> > right.(The config can use in kernel 2.6.26.)
>>
>> Make wicd to be more verbose if possible, there must be an option in
>> the program settings you can toggle on.
>
> Oh,I used "wicd-curses".I will try to use "wicd-cli" or find logs.

Hopefully logs will help you to understand why it cannot be associated to
the AP.

Also, compare both "/var/log/syslog" files from the computer where it
works and from the one that fails.

>> > On the i386,I just use apt install firmware-realtek (0.29).
>>
>> And it works fine? Then it can be a bug within the amd64 port package.
>>
> Yes,it's works fine.
> When I go back hometown (less then 1 month), I will use live cd of i386
> and amd64 to test again. Because I just use other computer to test i386.
>
> If it's bug,how to report?

If you followed the steps given at the wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x#Wheezy

And you are still experiencing problems within the amd64 system, you can
open a bug report against "wireless-tools" because the package of
firmware itself is architecture-independent.

There is a very useful tool (reportbug) you can use to open the report at
Debian BTS, just follow the on-screen wizard.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.05.19.11.26.13@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.05.19.11.26.13@gmail.com
 
Old 07-04-2011, 06:04 AM
spp mg
 
Default firmware-realtek (0.29) can't work at amd64

2011/5/19 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 19 May 2011 11:29:35 +0800, spp mg wrote:
>
>> 2011/5/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
>
> (...)
>
>>> > sorry,I am too late to reply.
>>>
>>> (no problem, but don't make use of html formatted messages and better
>>> yet if you reply at bottom or inline and don't cross-post ;-))
>>
>> Ok, like this?
>
> Much better, thanks :-)
>
>>> > wicd scan function is ok, but when I connect net,it will connect a
>>> > long time,and display "password error".But I'm sure password is
>>> > right.(The config can use in kernel 2.6.26.)
>>>
>>> Make wicd to be more verbose if possible, there must be an option in
>>> the program settings you can toggle on.
>>
>> Oh,I used "wicd-curses".I will try to use "wicd-cli" or find logs.
>
> Hopefully logs will help you to understand why it cannot be associated to
> the AP.
>
> Also, compare both "/var/log/syslog" files from the computer where it
> works and from the one that fails.
>
>>> > On the i386,I just use apt install firmware-realtek (0.29).
>>>
>>> And it works fine? Then it can be a bug within the amd64 port package.
>>>
>> Yes,it's works fine.
>> When I go back hometown (less then 1 month), I will use live cd of i386
>> and amd64 to test again. Because I just use other computer to test i386.
>>
>> If it's bug,how to report?
>
> If you followed the steps given at the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x#Wheezy
>
> And you are still experiencing problems within the amd64 system, you can
> open a bug report against "wireless-tools" because the package of
> firmware itself is architecture-independent.
>
> There is a very useful tool (reportbug) you can use to open the report at
> Debian BTS, just follow the on-screen wizard.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.05.19.11.26.13@gmail.com
>
>

Hi,all.
I found where is problem.
firmware-realtek is ok. problem is dbus and network-manager

This is my test notefocus step 4 and 5)
1. Use live cd ,and install wicd,firmware-realtek and dependence.
It work perfect.(whether for amd or i386)
2. Install new firmware-realtek(0.30) to pc(HDD).
It can't work too.
3.Install all package(same as live cd)
It work perfect.
I am happy (^_^),and full-upgrade my pc.
when it done,it can't work again. (T_T cry )
4.I tried again many times,I discover solution .It's need restart dbus
daemon (and wicd daemon) when open PC every time.
5.I discover network-manager daemon started,so I stop network-manager daemon.
It work perfect and doesn't need restart dbus every time.
I think network-manager daemon will stop when I restart dbus,so
step 4 can work.

Thanks all,and Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAJEa0ZsTanD+wttKjJZ13yqY8XBGYYoBw5Bv8S4q90y6p+g1Z w@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAJEa0ZsTanD+wttKjJZ13yqY8XBGYYoBw5Bv8S4q90y6p+g1Z w@mail.gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org