Old 05-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Andrew McGlashan

Default /etc/resolv.conf file is empty

Camaleón wrote:

dpkg -l | grep resolvconf
rc resolvconf
1.48 name server information handler

Ein? >>>:-)

So you finally do have it installed.

Remember that this package can be also interferring with your "/etc/
resolv.conf" file so either you configure it properly or you remove it.
Choose your poison :-)

Unless I am mistaken, rc means ..... "removed, but still has config files".

These I remove "properly" with:
aptitude purge .......

--
Kind Regards