-   -   Network problem {start of part 2} (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/523719-network-problem-start-part-2-a.html)

AG 05-08-2011 12:41 PM

Network problem {start of part 2}

On 08/05/11 12:19, Camaleón wrote:

On Sun, 08 May 2011 11:52:56 +0100, AG wrote:

On 08/05/11 11:41, Camaleón wrote:

Hum... may I suggest you to disable the NetworkManager service at all?
Not unistalling it but getting rid of it (avoid the service to be
started on boot). If you are not using a laptop nor need a dynamic
network management, it should be fine.

How would I do this? It isn't listed as a service under Administration
(Gnome).

I finally did it (in squeeze) by running "update-rc.d network-manager
disable".

To remove the Gnome NM applet icon on the task bar you can go to "system/
preferences/sessions/startup programs".

Greetings,

Camaleón

Have done this now, and in a while I'll reboot to see if that stops the
/etc/resolv.conf from being erased/ over-written, and will post back to
the list with the outcome.

Hans

Thanks for the symlink info. I'll give this a spin first and see if
that helps before monkeying around with symlink files.

Cheers

AG

Archive: 4DC68F67.3060105@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4DC68F67.3060105@gmail.com

Brian 05-08-2011 01:59 PM

On Sun 08 May 2011 at 12:33:00 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> I believe, /etc/resolv.conf is at first installation a symlink to another file.

I don't think so. If resolvconf is installed the symlink may be made.