Old 05-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Noah Duffy

Default Speakers Do Not Mute with Headphones

I just finished loading Debian 6.0 on my brand new Lenovo SL410. I
love this computer and so far everything seems to have worked out of
the box, however I am having one little issue: When I plug headphone
into the computer, the main speakers do not mute.

This should be the audio card.

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 03)

I've done a some searching on the Internet, but so far no luck on
fixing it for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Noah Duffy

Old 05-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 07 May 2011 14:14:56 -0500, Noah Duffy wrote:

> I just finished loading Debian 6.0 on my brand new Lenovo SL410. I love
> this computer and so far everything seems to have worked out of the box,
> however I am having one little issue: When I plug headphone into the
> computer, the main speakers do not mute.

(...)

Check out the solutions provided by this Ubuntu bug, specially the one
given at comment #27:

Headphone jack sense missing on Lenovo Thinkpad SL410 and SL510

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Noah Duffy

That did the trick! However, it does cause the problem also listed
there of having the mute button not mute the head phones. However,
that really doesn't matter all that much. Thanks for the help!

Old 05-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Steven Rosenberg