Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Rob Hurle

Default A word of appreciation

*Thank you team Debian. *I'm a refugee from FreeBSD, which I've been
using since version 2.2.something. FreeBSD is a great system and I've
installed servers in Government departments, schools, etc, and I used
it for quite a while on my desktop. *However, Debian beats it in the
ancillary software stakes - apt-get and aptitude are superior tools to
anything in FreeBSD, and I was very impressed with the upgrade from
Lenny to Squeeze. *I ran out of space, but a quick symlink to get
/usr/share on to another partition fixed that. *The community on this
list has also proven to be very helpful and friendly, and thanks to
those who've answered questions for me.

Cheers to you all,
Rob Hurle
--
-----------------------------
Rob Hurle

Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Mathieu Malaterre

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Rob Hurle <rob1940@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lenny to Squeeze. *I ran out of space, but a quick symlink to get
> /usr/share on to another partition fixed that. *The community on this

Why not simply use LVM and resize the /usr partition ?

--
Mathieu

Old 05-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Erwan David

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 10:05:28AM CEST, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> said:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Rob Hurle <rob1940@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Lenny to Squeeze. *I ran out of space, but a quick symlink to get
> > /usr/share on to another partition fixed that. *The community on this
>
> Why not simply use LVM and resize the /usr partition ?

Nothing indicates that the /user partition is already managed by LVM...