-   -   MySQL Server Rebooting Automatically? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/522655-mysql-server-rebooting-automatically.html)

Abraham 05-05-2011 05:06 PM

MySQL Server Rebooting Automatically?

> Does anyone know why a MySQL Server would be automatically rebooting at

> midnight? I never set it to reboot and can't find an option to change

> this. I've also searched online and can't find an answer. Any ideas?

Rebooting? Is the mysqld process restarting at midnight, or is the whole

machine running the MySQL server rebooting?

Is there anything in /var/log/daemon.log?

*Yes - the daemon.log indicates that the mysql server is rebooting just before midnight. The machine is not rebooting, just MySQL Server.*

Bob McConnell 05-05-2011 06:08 PM

Abraham wrote:

Does anyone know why a MySQL Server would be automatically rebooting at
midnight? I never set it to reboot and can't find an option to change
this. I've also searched online and can't find an answer. Any ideas?

Rebooting? Is the mysqld process restarting at midnight, or is the whole
machine running the MySQL server rebooting?

Is there anything in /var/log/daemon.log?

Yes - the daemon.log indicates that the mysql server is rebooting just
before midnight. The machine is not rebooting, just MySQL Server.

logrotate?

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

Archive: 4DC2E781.2010309@lightlink.com">http://lists.debian.org/4DC2E781.2010309@lightlink.com

Abraham 05-05-2011 06:13 PM

MySQL Server Rebooting Automatically?

logrotate?

That's the only thing I could find that might be doing it as I went through the cron files.In the /etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server file there is a /usr/bin/mysqladmin flush-logs command that is probably being run which would probably restart the server?

Camaleón 05-05-2011 06:45 PM

On Thu, 05 May 2011 11:13:14 -0700, Abraham wrote:

>> logrotate?
>>

> That's the only thing I could find that might be doing it as I went
> through the cron files.
> In the /etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server file there is a /usr/bin/mysqladmin
> flush-logs command that is probably being run which would probably
> restart the server?

There are some services that need to be reloaded/restarted once logrotate
runs, so yes, that can be possible.

You can check if both tasks (mysql restart and the rotated files) do
share the same date/time :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón