Old 02-10-2008, 11:46 PM
"Andres Migliazzo"

Default How to use minicom with Paralell Port

Hello Gang,

* I've recently bought a SPARC server and I have to configure it using LOM (Lights out Management)... SUN sent me a DB25 to Ethernet adapter but, due I've installed debian using the netinstall and I've installed only the piece of software that I need (I don't have Internet in my new home yet :S), plus I've compiled my kernel without Paralell Port Support (which is absolutely fixable), BUT I don't have the parallel port device created (lp, plip or something).

I've attached a text file with the list of my devices, I hope you can help me on this. Basically I need to set up minicom to use parallel port and set up mi new SPARC.

Thank you in advance

Old 02-13-2008, 01:31 AM
"Andres Migliazzo"

I've found a DB-9 adapter schema:

RJ45***************** - **** 9-pin connector
2 DTR * * * * * * ** - * ** 6 DSR
3 TXD * ** * * * * ** -* ** 2 RXD
4 Sig. Ground ** * - *** 5 Signal Ground

5 Signal Ground** -**** 5 Signal Ground

I'll try it as soon as posible and let you know how was that...