Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Narendra Sisodiya

Default How to install Software package on a Linux System when it do not have Internet - debbundle

Problem - How to install Software package on a Linux System when it do not have Internet ?

I know there are multiple solution to this problem.. Here I am giving one very solution which looks perfect to solve the problem

you can down the script from http://code.google.com/p/debbundle/
What this little script will do..
For example, your system do not have vlc , then you can go to other system which has Internet and then run the script .

Script will produce VLC.i386.OneClickInstall ,

You can can carry this file to anywhere and then install it by just clicking it. Let me repeat, Just by clicking it, neither you terminal , nor you need any extra software to install it.

So enjoy it and give me feedback. ( narendra* AT narendrasisodiya DOT com )

read more at - http://blog.narendrasisodiya.com/2011/05/how-to-install-software-package-on.html

--
┌─────────────── ─────────┐
│* * Narendra Sisodiya

Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Camalen

On Thu, 05 May 2011 16:23:40 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:

> Problem - How to install Software package on a Linux System when it do
> not have Internet ?

(...)

A very interesting approach for many users! I already forwarded this
project news to another mailing list :-)

Greetings,

--
Camalen

Old 05-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Alberto Luaces

Camalen writes:

> On Thu, 05 May 2011 16:23:40 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:
>
>> Problem - How to install Software package on a Linux System when it do
>> not have Internet ?
>
> (...)
>
> A very interesting approach for many users! I already forwarded this
> project news to another mailing list :-)

apt-zip can be also of interest. You can retrieve the packages even when
running non-linux operating systems:

http://wiki.debian.org/AptZip

--
Alberto

Old 05-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Alberto Luaces

Old 05-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Camalen

On Thu, 05 May 2011 15:56:08 +0200, Alberto Luaces wrote:

> Camalen writes:
>
>> On Thu, 05 May 2011 16:23:40 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:
>>
>>> Problem - How to install Software package on a Linux System when it do
>>> not have Internet ?
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> A very interesting approach for many users! I already forwarded this
>> project news to another mailing list :-)
>
> apt-zip can be also of interest. You can retrieve the packages even when
> running non-linux operating systems:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/AptZip

Can aptzip automatically handle the so-called "package dependency
hell"? :-?

That is, generate a file to be installed on the client/user machine with
all the required packages and their dependencies bundled on it, similar
to what a "portable app" does.

Greetings,

--
Camalen