Old 05-03-2011, 11:21 PM
た 健一

Default I have installed Debian on my Thinkpad but mouse Cursor is not displayed.

I installed Debian 6.0.1 yesterday on my PC ( IBM Thinkpad X40 ), but a problem occurs.
The mouse cursor telling me its position isn't displayed. I tried R-L click* or drug and then, some options and rectangle is appeared.
So I think this means there are mouse position but can't be seen. I guess it is a problem related to graphical hardware device.
Is there anyone who gives me some advice to display my mouse cursor.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Steven Sciame

> I installed Debian 6.0.1 yesterday on my PC ( IBM Thinkpad
> X40 ), but a problem occurs.
> The mouse cursor telling me its position isn't displayed. I
> tried R-L click* or drug and then, some options and
> rectangle is appeared.
> So I think this means there are mouse position but can't be
> seen. I guess it is a problem related to graphical hardware
> device.
> Is there anyone who gives me some advice to display my
> mouse cursor.
> ***
> ********
> *

I had this issue. It is a bug in the kernel that was introduced in the upgrade from 6.0 to 6.0.1. It will likely be fixed in the upgrade to 6.0.2.

In the meantime you can go to http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ to learn how to compile a "vanilla" kernel from kernel.org I am now using 2.6.38 and it fixed the issue.

Or on second thought...

Backports now has the 2.6.38 available for squeeze. Using backports will probably be easier, but it is up to you.

-Steven