Old 05-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Dominique Dumont

Default Perl 5.12 transition in progress -> Perl packages are not installable currently

Hi all,

On Sunday, in collaboration with the release team, Dominic uploaded
perl 5.12-6 to unstable. This necessarily causes around 400 packages
to be uninstallable with the new perl. The release team will be
scheduling binNMUs in due course; in the meantime, if you find such a
package, there is _no need to report a bug against it_. The rebuilds will
take a little time, so please be patient in the meantime.

The list of affected packages is available at

<http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/perl.html>
and more information about the transition is at
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=619117>

Thanks,
Dominique, on behalf of Dominic Hargreaves

Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Arnt Karlsen

On Tue, 3 May 2011 12:02:02 +0200, Dominique wrote in message
<201105031202.03081.domi.dumont@free.fr>:

> Hi all,
>
> On Sunday, in collaboration with the release team, Dominic uploaded
> perl 5.12-6 to unstable. This necessarily causes around 400 packages
> to be uninstallable with the new perl. The release team will be
> scheduling binNMUs in due course; in the meantime, if you find such a
> package, there is _no need to report a bug against it_. The rebuilds
> will take a little time, so please be patient in the meantime.
>
> The list of affected packages is available at
>
> <http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/perl.html>
> and more information about the transition is at
> <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=619117>
>
> Thanks,
> Dominique, on behalf of Dominic Hargreaves

..wonderful, I was beginning to wonder when failed Experimental
experiments would qualify the debris as obsolete, and promote a
back-to-the-drawing-board mindset. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three:

Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Leonardo Ruoso

2011/5/5 Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>

Le jeudi 5 mai 2011 17:29:54, vous avez écrit :

> What should I verify before updating/upgrading a sid/experimental system?
if aptitude wants to remove a lot of perl package, just put on hold all
perl-5.12 packages. This will enable you to update non-Perl packages.
Although some perl packages were removed my system appears to be working fine after aptitude updade && aptitude dist-upgrade.

*

HTH

Dominique

--

http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/

http://www.ohloh.net/accounts/ddumont * * -o- http://ddumont.wordpress.com/

--
Leonardo Ruoso - Jornalista/DesenvolvedorAssessoria de Imprensa. Consultoria de Marketing.*Desenvolvimento e Integração de Software.*

Comunicação Social/Jornalismo - UFC/2006. Telecomunicações - ETFCE/1998.*Foos, Perl, Debian Gnu/Linux, Agile, UML, DBA e OOP. Coaching/NLP. Inglês e Francês.*http://leonardo.ruoso.com*-*http://www.linkedin.com/in/lruoso

Old 05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Arnt Karlsen

On Fri, 6 May 2011 11:06:51 -0300, Leonardo wrote in message
<BANLkTikRj0hDywfT3DfmLppxWSOpVrM-tw@mail.gmail.com>:

> 2011/5/5 Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>
>
> > Le jeudi 5 mai 2011 17:29:54, vous avez écrit :
> > > What should I verify before updating/upgrading a sid/experimental
> > > system?
> > if aptitude wants to remove a lot of perl package, just put on hold
> > all perl-5.12 packages. This will enable you to update non-Perl
> > packages.
> >
> Although some perl packages were removed my system appears to be
> working fine after aptitude updade

..amazing. ;o)

> && aptitude dist-upgrade.

..in my case I only lost horae, kraft and pdftk, merely
with "aptitude -t experimental upgrade", well done. )

Scenarios always come in sets of three:

Old 05-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Leonardo Ruoso

2011/5/10 Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net>

On Fri, 6 May 2011 11:06:51 -0300, Leonardo wrote in message

<BANLkTikRj0hDywfT3DfmLppxWSOpVrM-tw@mail.gmail.com>:

> 2011/5/5 Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>

> > Le jeudi 5 mai 2011 17:29:54, vous avez écrit :

> > > What should I verify before updating/upgrading a sid/experimental

> > > system?

> > if aptitude wants to remove a lot of perl package, just put on hold

> > all perl-5.12 packages. This will enable you to update non-Perl

> > packages.

> Although some perl packages were removed my system appears to be

> working fine after aptitude updade

..amazing. ;o)

> && aptitude dist-upgrade.

..in my case I only lost horae, kraft and pdftk, merely

with "aptitude -t experimental upgrade", well done. )

"aptitude -t experimental upgrade" will upgrade only the packages from experimental or will upgrade everything to experimental?

*

*Scenarios always come in sets of three:

*best case, worst case, and just in case.