Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 PM
vr

Default Postfix backport?

Hello,

In Squeeze I'm seeing Postfix 2.7.1-1 is the latest stable version.
On the Postfix website 2.8.2 is listed as stable so it seems like a big
gap.
I've heard about the concept of "backport" but searching returns
results for Ubuntu.

Can anyone recommend one for Debian, assuming it exists?

Archive: 22695492494a39372680c4aa62cdee93@prod.iotk.net">ht tp://lists.debian.org/22695492494a39372680c4aa62cdee93@prod.iotk.net

Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh

On Mon, 02 May 2011, vr wrote:
> In Squeeze I'm seeing Postfix 2.7.1-1 is the latest stable version.
> On the Postfix website 2.8.2 is listed as stable so it seems like a
> big gap.

Are there any reasons why you'd need postfix 2.8? Are there any features
you require that are not available in 2.7?

I advise you to not use backports unless required.

> Can anyone recommend one for Debian, assuming it exists?

http://backports.debian.org

Henrique Holschuh

Old 05-03-2011, 12:24 AM
vr

Are there any reasons why you'd need postfix 2.8? Are there any
features

you require that are not available in 2.7?

Would like to utilize Zombie blocker which became available in 2.8.

http://backports.debian.org

Thank you for this. Unfortunately no results returned so it must not be
available.

Archive: 7456dd2bbbfe5a9e1d4407b61ec2d840@prod.iotk.net">ht tp://lists.debian.org/7456dd2bbbfe5a9e1d4407b61ec2d840@prod.iotk.net

Old 05-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Camaleón

On Mon, 02 May 2011 20:24:05 -0400, vr wrote:

>> Are there any reasons why you'd need postfix 2.8? Are there any
>> features
>> you require that are not available in 2.7?
>>

> Would like to utilize Zombie blocker which became available in 2.8.

That sounds like a nice feature :-)

>> http://backports.debian.org
>>

> Thank you for this. Unfortunately no results returned so it must not be
> available.

You can get the backports packages from package search gateway:

http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=squeeze-backports&keywords=postfix

Hum... looks like no postfix package has been backported yet.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón