Old 05-02-2011, 08:24 PM

Default Re (2): Need help setting up a home LAN

From: Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 12:55:37 -0600
> It is crazy to write such misleading error messages. I did, in fact,
> have JavaScript disabled ...

Ouch! A friend returned a new router to the vendor after
encountering such a bad proprietary interface.

An elegant solution is to assemble a Linux router based
on a salvaged desktop or laptop machine.

Documentation is easily found. My notes are here.
http://carnot.yi.org/NetworksPage.html

Regards, ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132. bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Eike Lantzsch

On Monday 02 May 2011 16:24:36 peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> From: Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net>
> Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 12:55:37 -0600
>
> > It is crazy to write such misleading error messages. I did, in fact,
> > have JavaScript disabled ...
>
> Ouch! A friend returned a new router to the vendor after
> encountering such a bad proprietary interface.
>
> An elegant solution is to assemble a Linux router based
> on a salvaged desktop or laptop machine.

I always found setting up an OpenBSD router much easier IMHO and
documentation is excellent.

[snip]

> Regards, ... Peter E.

Best regards