Old 05-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Anthony Campbell

Default Wireless via dhcp needs repeated ifdown/ifup -SOLVED (partially)

On 27 Apr 2011, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mi, 27 apr 11, 15:36:42, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> >
> > Nothing in the logs apart from an entry saying the router doesn't do
> > IPV6.
>
> Maybe you need to turn verbose/debugging or whatever mode on in some
> config file
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
> --

Well, I didn't exactly solve the problem, but I found a workaround which
at least gives me an automatic wireless connection when I log on.

First, I changed to using a static address in
/etc/networking/interfaces:

iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.0.8
netmask 255.255.255.0
wireless-mode managed
wireless-essid My-Essid

I still needed to run ifup eth1, ifdown eth1, ifup eth1, but now I can
put this in /etc/rc.local:

ifup eth1
sleep 4
ifdown eth1
ifup eth1

Not very elegant, but at least it works.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk