Old 05-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Roman Khomasuridze

Default No ethX or lo on interface after reboot on Squeeze as VMWare guest.

Hello kind people,

I have really weird problem. I have Squeeze system running as guest on ESX 4.1. Debian system is in cluster (by means of VMotion) and HA. somehow VMotion transferred my squeze system from one host to another (Inside cluster). After restart, Debian has no lo or eth0 interfaces, but from VMWare i see that network adapter is attached to my guest debian, once I run ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 and ifconfig eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx everything goes to normal again.

My interfaces file looks ok, and there is nothing suspicious in logs (or maybe i couldnt find)...

Any help, or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
----------
Roman

Old 05-02-2011, 04:42 PM
shawn wilson

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:52 AM, Roman Khomasuridze
<khomasuridze@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any help, or tips will be greatly appreciated.

post your /etc/network/interfaces
if this is after a vmotion or what not, a dmesg might also be appropriate.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Roman Khomasuridze

Hello, thanks for reply.

post your /etc/network/interfaces

if this is after a vmotion or what not, a dmesg might also be appropriate.

interfaces file looks ok:
###
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
******* address 192.168.200.11
******* netmask 255.255.255.0
******* network 192.168.200.0
******* broadcast 192.168.200.255
******* gateway 192.168.200.1
******* # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed

******* dns-nameservers 192.168.200.1
*####

i will post dmesg output later. sorry for that.

Regards
Roman