Old 05-01-2011, 11:10 PM
eigenroot

Default wireless connection problem of BCM 4312 LP-PHY

Hi all,
I installed Linux Mint Debian Edition which was based on Debian Testing on my laptop. One problem I found was that my wireless connection was frequently dropped off after idling. And it was not predictable: sometimes I left it overnight and the wireless was still good, but sometimes I just left for 10min and it was off. I used Network Manager (v0.8.3.999), by which the wireless couldn't be reconnected successfully once it got dropped . Command "lspci -vnn | grep 14e4" gave result:*

04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)
And I used the package "firmware-b43-lpphy-installer" in Debian's repository to install the wireless driver. Before that I used Fedora 14 on the same laptop but it didn't have such problem (the wireless driver was installed from rpmfusion repositories).*

Right now I get around this problem by reloading "b43" driver once it happens. But I have no idea whether it was due to the driver itself, or Network Manager.
Could anyone please help? Thanks very much.**

Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Umarzuki Mochlis

[...]

try this:

check the output of iwconfig for your wireless interface have "Power Managementff"
if not
# iwconfig eth1 power off

*if your wireless interface = eth1

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my

Old 05-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Du, 01 mai 11, 19:10:36, eigenroot wrote:

> Right now I get around this problem by reloading "b43" driver once it
> happens. But I have no idea whether it was due to the driver itself, or
> Network Manager.

Anything interesting in /var/log/syslog ?

Regards,
Andrei