Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Rob Owens

Default mythnetvision on Squeeze -- anybody got it working?

I've installed mythnetvision from debian-multimedia, but can't seem to
subscribe to any sites. Can anybody confirm for me that it does work?
And were there any special tricks required?

Thanks

-Rob

Old 05-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 22:42:21 -0400, Rob Owens wrote:

> I've installed mythnetvision from debian-multimedia, but can't seem to
> subscribe to any sites. Can anybody confirm for me that it does work?
> And were there any special tricks required?

What error/behaviour are you getting?

Never used that app before but seems to have some requirements:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision#Requirements

Also, give an eye to the Troubleshooting section, just in case:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision#Troubleshooting

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Rob Owens

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 03:30:25PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 22:42:21 -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
>
> > I've installed mythnetvision from debian-multimedia, but can't seem to
> > subscribe to any sites. Can anybody confirm for me that it does work?
> > And were there any special tricks required?
>
> What error/behaviour are you getting?
>
> Never used that app before but seems to have some requirements:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision#Requirements
>
> Also, give an eye to the Troubleshooting section, just in case:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision#Troubleshooting

I got it working. mythtnetvision-data (which runs on my backend) was
missing a dependency: python-lxml. I reported it to the maintainer,
and he tells me it is already fixed in testing and unstable.

When I tried to subscribe to feeds, none showed up in
the list. (You're supposed to just check off items like YouTube, Comedy
Central, etc.)

Anyway, it's working now.

-Rob