Old 04-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Stan Hoeppner

Default Roundcube broken after Squeeze upgrade

Roundcube keeps redirecting to the login page immediately after a
successful login. I briefly see the initial mailbox view, then get
instantly redirected back to the login page, with some jibberish
appended to the back of the URL. Something was apparently broken during
the Squeeze upgrade, but, IIRC, the problem didn't start until after I
rebooted the machine a couple of days after the upgrade, as I tested all
the server apps, including RC, immediately after the upgrade, and they
worked.

I was already running RC 0.3.1 via Lenny Backports, so nothing should
have substantially changed since the Squeeze pkg is also 0.3.1, except
maybe system libraries such as PHP, etc.

Unlike most others I'm using sqlite instead of mysql. I do see some
errors such as

[27-Apr-2011 19:15:28] PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of
>> new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/php/MDB2.php on line 2647

that sorta of point to a possible DB issue, but frankly this aspect of
RC is over my head. One RC list member suggested I upgrade PEAR.
Another said these errors shouldn't cause the problem I'm seeing. If
the Debian devs did their job with version dependencies correctly, and
the community tested RC before the Squeeze release, then the Debian RC
package should simply work. This leads me to believe something else is
borked.

I performed "aptitude remove --purge roundcube" and reinstalled to no
avail. Other RC users have run into this problem but only apparently
with 0.4.x and 0.5.x. None of the possible fixes they mentioned have
worked for me. One such suggestion was to disable the Suhosin module.
Suhosin is compiled into the PHP5 shipped in Squeeze so it can't be
disabled. If indeed Suhosin is the cause of the problem, then Roundcube
should be broken for all Debian 6 users.

Anyone else seen this problem? Anyone have any ideas? My webmail is
totally down until I can resolve this.

Thanks.

--
Stan

Archive: 4DBC3777.2000500@hardwarefreak.com">http://lists.debian.org/4DBC3777.2000500@hardwarefreak.com

Old 05-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:23:19 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Roundcube keeps redirecting to the login page immediately after a
> successful login.

(...)

> I performed "aptitude remove --purge roundcube" and reinstalled to no
> avail. Other RC users have run into this problem but only apparently
> with 0.4.x and 0.5.x. None of the possible fixes they mentioned have
> worked for me. One such suggestion was to disable the Suhosin module.
> Suhosin is compiled into the PHP5 shipped in Squeeze so it can't be
> disabled. If indeed Suhosin is the cause of the problem, then Roundcube
> should be broken for all Debian 6 users.

Regarding the Suhosin module, it should be disabled by default unless you
are not using Apache web server. Review "/usr/share/doc/roundcube-core/
News.Debian.gz" file.

> Anyone else seen this problem? Anyone have any ideas? My webmail is
> totally down until I can resolve this.

Another hint provided by Debian docs in "README.Debian" file, talks about
the proper configuration of the webserver "Alias" directives, so that's
something you can also check.

Sorry, no more ideas because I'm not using Roundcube :-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-01-2011, 11:48 PM