Old 04-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Jeffrin Jose

Default fullscreen video with mencoder

Hello Everybody,

Is there any method to encode DVD to a fullscreen
video without getting stretched,using mencoder ?

--
software engineer.
department of computer science

Old 04-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Rob Owens

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 09:37:25PM +0530, Jeffrin Jose wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> Is there any method to encode DVD to a fullscreen
> video without getting stretched,using mencoder ?

I'm not an expert, but maybe you could use '-vf expand' to do this.

-Rob

Old 04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Ron Johnson

On 04/30/2011 11:07 AM, Jeffrin Jose wrote:

Hello Everybody,

Is there any method to encode DVD to a fullscreen
video without getting stretched,using mencoder ?

I don't think that mencoder is the right tool for that task. "Let the
player handle full screen" is what I say.

Anyway, 16:9 video will never "neatly" fill a 4:3 monitor (and same for
4:3 video w/ a 16:9 monitor. You must live with the black bars.

corrupt."