Old 04-30-2011, 03:11 AM
chris

Default Public Apology to Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Singapore

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:34 PM, "Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) *恩鸣 " <enmingteo@vfemail.net> wrote:

I was misconstrued as having insulted Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew. My words were twisted and misinterpreted and I feel that there is a need to explain myself and set the record straight.

What really happened

It was sometime in Aug/Sep in the year 2009. The setting was in the Tampines Central office of Asiasoft Online Pte Ltd. I was having a ***verbal*** conversation with Melvin Lee, my new I.T. department manager, when he challenged me to complete an I.T. assignment within a specified period of time. In response to his challenge, I replied in Mandarin: "If I cannot complete the I.T. assignment within a specified period of time, then Lee Kuan Yew is wang ba dan". I used to be fond of using other people's names to "bet" with people but now no more. The Minister Mentor's name came into my mind spontaneously and I used it to "bet" with my I.T. department manager.

Explanations

1. It was not my intention to insult the Minister Mentor at that time. Please note the use of the IF... THEN... statement in my verbal conversation.

2. I did not know wang ba dan [hanyu pinyin] means bastard at all until I consulted Goh Meng Seng much later.

I would like to apologize to the Minister Mentor and the Prime Minister of Singapore if I have offended them in any way. I swear it was not my intention to insult the Minister Mentor. Please forgive me for using your name carelessly to "bet" with my former I.T. department manager.

Yours sincerely,

Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip BEng(Hons)

Alma Maters:

(1) Singapore Polytechnic

(2) National University of Singapore

This message sent via VFEmail.net

http://www.vfemail.net

$14.95 Lifetime accounts! *15GB disk! *No bandwidth quotas!

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4DBB753A.40404@vfemail.net

this is so far off topic and its not the first time, enough already

Old 04-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Albert Hopkins

Perhaps a bit too public.

Anyway, hope all is forgiven

-a

Old 04-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanasis

on 04/30/2011 09:57 PM Albert Hopkins wrote the following:
> Perhaps a bit too public.
>
> Anyway, hope all is forgiven
...all except spam ...

Old 04-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Saturday 30 April 2011 14:57:27 Albert Hopkins wrote:
> Perhaps a bit too public.
>
> Anyway, hope all is forgiven

dead man walking :P

Old 04-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 30.04.2011 21:12, schrieb Thanasis:
> on 04/30/2011 09:57 PM Albert Hopkins wrote the following:
>> Perhaps a bit too public.
>>
>> Anyway, hope all is forgiven
> ...all except spam ...

Seems like Gentoo Infra reacts a tad faster than Scientific Linux Infra.
There was meant to be a follow-up spam mail. Seems like it didn't come
through.

Cheers,
Florian Philipp

Old 04-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Saturday 30 April 2011 21:56:19 Florian Philipp wrote:
> Am 30.04.2011 21:12, schrieb Thanasis:
> > on 04/30/2011 09:57 PM Albert Hopkins wrote the following:
> >> Perhaps a bit too public.
> >>
> >> Anyway, hope all is forgiven
> >
> > ...all except spam ...
>
> Seems like Gentoo Infra reacts a tad faster than Scientific Linux Infra.
> There was meant to be a follow-up spam mail. Seems like it didn't come
> through.
>
> Cheers,
> Florian Philipp

too bad - I would have liked to see the follow up.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 30.04.2011 22:09, schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
> On Saturday 30 April 2011 21:56:19 Florian Philipp wrote:

>>> ...all except spam ...
>>
>> Seems like Gentoo Infra reacts a tad faster than Scientific Linux Infra.
>> There was meant to be a follow-up spam mail. Seems like it didn't come
>> through.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Florian Philipp
>
> too bad - I would have liked to see the follow up.

I could forward it but I guess that would make me a human spam bot

Anyway, it was just a link to a youtube video with a bit of text around
it to intrigue the reader to watch it. I didn't take a look. The whole
thing was a good piece of social engineering, though.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Saturday 30 April 2011 22:18:12 Florian Philipp wrote:
> Am 30.04.2011 22:09, schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:

> >> Seems like Gentoo Infra reacts a tad faster than Scientific Linux
> >> Infra.
> >> There was meant to be a follow-up spam mail. Seems like it didn't come
> >> through.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Florian Philipp
> >
> > too bad - I would have liked to see the follow up.
>
> I could forward it but I guess that would make me a human spam bot
>
> Anyway, it was just a link to a youtube video with a bit of text around
> it to intrigue the reader to watch it. I didn't take a look. The whole
> thing was a good piece of social engineering, though.

I like spam bots who are like humans. They give me the illusion to interact
with real people. *g*

Old 04-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 22:18:12 +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:

> Anyway, it was just a link to a youtube video with a bit of text around
> it to intrigue the reader to watch it. I didn't take a look. The whole
> thing was a good piece of social engineering, though.

Not that good if you didn't follow the link ;-)

--
Neil Bothwick

- How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
- Two: one to hold the giraffe, the other to fill the bathtub with
lots of brightly colored machine tools.