Old 02-10-2008, 06:04 PM
"Amogh Hooshdar"

Default Java Plugin for Iceweasel for AMD 64 bit Debian?

I have Debian installed on AMD 64 bit laptop. How can I install the
java plugin for iceweasel?

I have heard that Sun has not released a Java plugin for AMD 64-bit.
Is this true?

Is there any non-Sun plugin then?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Magnus Therning

Amogh Hooshdar wrote:
> I have Debian installed on AMD 64 bit laptop. How can I install the
> java plugin for iceweasel?
>
> I have heard that Sun has not released a Java plugin for AMD 64-bit.
> Is this true?
>
> Is there any non-Sun plugin then?

Yes, it's true. AFAIK the only solution at the moment is to install a
32-bit version of the java plugin.

/M

--
Magnus Therning (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus´╝*therning´╝Äorg Jabber: magnus´╝Ätherning´╝*gmail´╝Äcom

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
-- Daveman

Old 02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Jochen Schulz

Amogh Hooshdar:

> I have Debian installed on AMD 64 bit laptop. How can I install the
> java plugin for iceweasel?

You can't, since there is none.

> I have heard that Sun has not released a Java plugin for AMD 64-bit.
> Is this true?

Yes.

Your only option is to install a 32bit chroot with Firefox and Java in
it and run Firefox from there.

J.
--
People talking a foreign language are romantic and mysterious.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Andrew Henry

Amogh Hooshdar wrote:
> I have heard that Sun has not released a Java plugin for AMD 64-bit.
> Is this true?

Java plugin for 64-bit firefox plus derivatives will be released in Java
version 1.7.

--andrew

--
GnuPG Key ID: ECB18ABA
Fingerprint: FDF3 91FC F5BC 1164 E217 315E 337E 219B ECB1 8ABA