Old 04-29-2011, 04:19 AM
Ravi Roy

Default Debian Lenny archives location ?

This might be a stupid question becuase of my ignorance,*in case it is, *please excuse me.
Debian 6.0 Squeeze is stabe and Lenny (last point rel. 5.0.8) is old stable. As per the posts I have come through so far, says that oldstable are moved to http://archive.debian.org (archives for oldstables).

*
But I can not see Lenny in archives or I am missing something? Where can I can access Lenny old stable packages using apt-get ?
*
Thanks for your attention.
*
-RR

Old 04-29-2011, 05:28 AM
Jochen Schulz

Ravi Roy:

> This might be a stupid question becuase of my ignorance, in case it is,
> please excuse me.

> Debian 6.0 Squeeze is stabe and Lenny (last point rel. 5.0.8) is old stable.
> As per the posts I have come through so far, says that oldstable are moved
> to http://archive.debian.org (archives for oldstables).

That is true, but oldstable is only archived one year after the relase
of the current stable. That means you should find lenny sitting just
beside squeeze on most mirrors. Your sources.list entries from before
squeeze should still work until February 2012.

J.
--
I worry about people thinking I have lost direction.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 04-29-2011, 05:39 AM
Ravi Roy

*That is true, but oldstable is only archived one year after the relase
of the current stable. That means you should find lenny sitting just
beside squeeze on most mirrors. Your sources.list entries from before

squeeze should still work until February 2012.

Ah, great. New learning for me. Thanks Jochen
*
--RR