Old 04-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Roger Leigh

Default Debian Wheezy/SID - gpm doesn't work

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:17:25AM +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> How can I resolve this problem with gpm and/or udevd?
> Any advices will be appreciated!

rm -rf /run

will solve your problem. /run support will be introduced in
the coming weeks.

Regards,
Roger

--
.'`. Roger Leigh

Old 04-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Csanyi Pal

Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:17:25AM +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> How can I resolve this problem with gpm and/or udevd?
>> Any advices will be appreciated!
>
> rm -rf /run
>
> will solve your problem.

Indeed, gpm works, and PC builtin speaker works to.

> /run support will be introduced in the coming weeks.

And then what should I do when /run support is ready?

Paul

Old 04-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Roger Leigh

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 06:08:27PM +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:17:25AM +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> >> How can I resolve this problem with gpm and/or udevd?
> >> Any advices will be appreciated!
> >
> > rm -rf /run
> >
> > will solve your problem.
>
> Indeed, gpm works, and PC builtin speaker works to.
>
> > /run support will be introduced in the coming weeks.
>
> And then what should I do when /run support is ready?

Hopefully nothing--it should just work without any action required.

--
.'`. Roger Leigh

Old 06-13-2011, 07:04 PM
simplynitaai

Roger Leigh <rleigh <at> codelibre.net> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:17:25AM +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> > How can I resolve this problem with gpm and/or udevd?
> > Any advices will be appreciated!
>
> rm -rf /run
>
> will solve your problem. /run support will be introduced in
> the coming weeks.
>
> Regards,
> Roger

i did rm -rf /run but the issue persists...

any help appreciated
simplynitaai