Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Brad Alexander

Default Broken insserv?

I just want to make sure this isn't a show stopper before I pull the trigger. I have mostly upgraded my daughter's netbook from lenny to squeeze. I took the conservative route, cleaning up packages, changing sources.list, doing an update and upgrade, upgrading the kernel and udev and rebooting. All I have left is the dist-upgrade...

However, an apt-get -s dist-upgrade showed me repeated

E: Conf Broken insserv

messages. Is this a show-stopper or just a nuisance error message? I need her netbook to be bootable when the smoke clears. I think it is just a nuisance, but I wanted to verify here. I checked online, and it seems to be okay, but since I am 2100 miles from said netbook, I really can't have it non-bootable.

Thanks
--b