Old 02-10-2008, 05:48 AM
"Ning Liu"

Default How to disable link-local IP?

Hi,

I am using sid and 2.6.24 from Debian official repository. I installed
network-manager and want it to obtain IP from DHCP server for eth0.
Sometimes DHCP server responds slowly and cannot assign a valid IP
immediately, and then network-manager assign a link-local IP like
169.254.x.x to eth0. But I want n-m to continue to request IP from
DHCP server instead of using 169.254.x.x. when failing. How can I
disable using such link-local IP?

I purged zeroconf, avahi-daemon, avahi-autoipd and no config files
left in /etc. But it still does not work. Could you give me some
suggestions? Thanks!

alan@rm106-3:~/$ dpkg -s zeroconf avahi-daemon avahi-autoipd
Package: zeroconf
Section: net

Package `avahi-autoipd' is not installed and no info is available.
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.