-   -   Something wrong with udev / usb? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/51606-something-wrong-udev-usb.html)

"Javier Vasquez" 02-10-2008 01:12 AM

Something wrong with udev / usb?

Hi,

I'm using kernels 2.6.23 and 2.6.24 (debian stock), and on them I
can't get my usb external disk to work. There's no /dev/sd* device
showing up, although I have ehci-hcd and uhci-hcd modules up, I also
installed usb_storage and usbatm modules just in case, but nothing...

This used to work automatically with udev before (as soon as I
connected the usb device, I got /dev/sda or /dev/sa1, not sure which).
I'm not sure with which kernel this stopped working. The ones I have
available are just these 2 I mentioned...

Can anyone enlighten me please?

--
Javier