Old 04-19-2011, 04:09 AM

Default usbserial/printer

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 02:33:27 +0000
Leonardo Ruoso <leonardo.ruoso@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, sure!
>
> But I'm trying just to cat file.txt > /dev/ttyUSB0 but nothing
> happens.... if I plug the printer directly to the onboard serial,
> then the content of the file is printed when I do cat file.txt
> > /dev/ttyS0!
>

> yuri:/home/leonardo# setserial -a /dev/ttyS0
> /dev/ttyS0, Line 0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
> Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
> closing_wait: 3000
> Flags: spd_normal skip_test
>
> yuri:/home/leonardo# setserial -a /dev/ttyUSB0
> /dev/ttyUSB0, Line 0, UART: 16654, Port: 0x0000, IRQ: 0
> Baud_base: 460800, close_delay: 0, divisor: 0
> closing_wait: infinite
> Flags: spd_normal

Hi,

Please post to the list.

setserial /dev/ttyUSB0 baud_base 115200 spd_normal skip_test

might work.

Brian

Old 04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Leonardo Ruoso

I did bought a new usbserial, another brand, they didn't have the serial tester at my local store, same thing.*
The serial printer works fine when connected to the serial port, but doesn't work when connected to the usbserial. Now it's a Clone one... *

It has the bMaxPacketSize = 64 which I read indicates a PL2303X but my kernel is 2.6.37... which should handle it oftb...
I did read somewhere that you should click the palm sync button to make it work... but I don't have anything like this... I think the printer will not send anything*through serial... just receive...*