Old 04-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Klistvud

Default Much Ado About Nothing

Dne, 17. 04. 2011 16:19:30 je sal migondis napisal(a):

Yeah, right.. Imagine for a second the OP is subscribed
to .. TEN.. TWENTY.. different debian mailing lists...

Or is there a recommendation somewhere that says that
it is foolish to subscribe to more than one (two?) debian
list(s) at the same time...????

The GNU mailing lists for instance have an easy to access
option where you can edit your subscription options,
including specifying a new email address.

> *I'm afraid your logic is not mine!
> *The correct answer to my question is: "that's not possiblė with
debian lists"

That's not possible with debian lists.
There.

Can we wrap it up now? Nitpicking semantics tends to get tiresome after
a while.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com
me.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Peter Beck

On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 18:51 +0200, Klistvud wrote:
> Dne, 17. 04. 2011 16:19:30 je sal migondis napisal(a):
>

> > Yeah, right.. Imagine for a second the OP is subscribed
> > to .. TEN.. TWENTY.. different debian mailing lists...

IMHO this is a subscriber issue....i would create a rule on my own
server which redirects this address. Why should the debian list care
about our personal issues ? (changing the address is imho a personal
issue and not related to the list - If I order snail mail news and I
change my address, I'll also need to inform them that my address has
changed, otherwise I won't get further mailing)

What about Redirecting the old address, done ? or creating a procmail /
sieve rule to redirect ?

But maybe I'm wrong with that view..

cheers
Peter