Old 11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Michelle Konzack

Default [ANNOUNCE] tdbashhistory 0.9.0 released [WAS: why does the shell show commands foolishly when I press UP key?]

Hello *,

since Midnight Commander pollution ain the ~/.bash_history and then
DUPS all over the 5000 lines of BaSH history can be very annoying.

So I have coded a new script which help to clean up this things.

Normaly I put all of my tools into a Debian packages for easier
distrigution and installation, but my Devel-Station was gone and
I can not pack it currently. (There is no manpage too)

I have attached the file to this message.

----8<------------------------------------------------------------------
[michelle.konzack@michelle.private:/~] tdbashhistory --help
0.9.0 : tdbashhistory
Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de>
This tool is under GNU GPL version 3.0

Usage:
tdbashhistory [ --version | -V | --help | -h ]
tdbashhistory [ --basedir=<directory> ] [ --mc-pollution | -m ] [
--unique | -u ] [ --append | -a ]

-V | --version Show the version and exit.
-h | --help Show this help.

-b | --basedir=<directory> Use this directory instead of ~/.tdbashhistory

-m | --mc-pollution Clean the ~/.bash_history from "mc" pollution.
-u | --unique Remove all duplicated entries.
-a | --append Append current bash-history instead of overwriting
it.
----8<------------------------------------------------------------------

Also you can setup defauts in the config file which is written at the
first startup... Have fun!

If you find errors, please let me know.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack
Tamay Dogan Network
Open Hardware Developer
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)

Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 AM
steef

Michelle Konzack wrote:

[...]

thanks!

steef

you do not need the weatherman to know the way the wind blows....