Old 04-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Lisi

Default Window Maker - what is it written in?

Does anyone happen to know what programming language Window Maker is written
in? I have spent hours trying to find out!

Thanks!
Lisi

Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 PM
"Mark Olsen"

Archive: op.vtqc82z2xq0bvp@macbook">http://lists.debian.org/op.vtqc82z2xq0bvp@macbook

Old 04-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Steve Kemp

On Sun Apr 10, 2011 at 17:24:38 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know what programming language Window Maker is
> written in? I have spent hours trying to find out!

apt-get source wmaker - then look for yourself?

(The answer is "C".)

Steve

Old 04-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Sjoerd Hardeman

Op 10-04-11 18:24, Lisi schreef:
> Does anyone happen to know what programming language Window Maker is written
> in? I have spent hours trying to find out!
Looking at the code I found on
http://windowmaker.info/pub/source/release/ is seems to be mostly C.
However, the last version I found there was from 2008 on a mostly
disfunctional website.

Sjoerd

Old 04-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Ron Johnson

Does anyone happen to know what programming language Window Maker is written
in? I have spent hours trying to find out!

Looking at the code I found on
http://windowmaker.info/pub/source/release/ is seems to be mostly C.
However, the last version I found there was from 2008 on a mostly
disfunctional website.

You'd think that it would be written in Objective-C.

corrupt."

Archive: 4DA211BC.8060003@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4DA211BC.8060003@cox.net

Old 04-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Lisi

Old 04-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Lisi

On Sunday 10 April 2011 17:30:49 Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Sun Apr 10, 2011 at 17:24:38 +0100, Lisi wrote:
> > Does anyone happen to know what programming language Window Maker is
> > written in? I have spent hours trying to find out!
>
> apt-get source wmaker - then look for yourself?
>
> (The answer is "C".)

Sorry, I didn't know that you could do that, or I would have done rather than
uselessly trawling the net.

Lisi

Old 04-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:24:38 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know what programming language Window Maker is
> written in? I have spent hours trying to find out!

Yep, I've also found hard to find any reference about the programming
language it uses :-)

This link states -as others already said- it is written in "C":

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstepIsNotWindowMaker#Relation_to_Window_Maker

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Lisi

On Monday 11 April 2011 16:06:49 Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:24:38 +0100, Lisi wrote:
> > Does anyone happen to know what programming language Window Maker is
> > written in? I have spent hours trying to find out!
>
> Yep, I've also found hard to find any reference about the programming
> language it uses :-)
>
> This link states -as others already said- it is written in "C":
>
> http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstepIsNotWindowMaker#Relation_to_Windo
>w_Maker

Thanks, Camaleón!

Lisi