Old 04-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Stephen Powell

Default blank page after every page with HP PaintJet

About a year ago, April 24, 2010, to be specific, see

I reported a problem with a blank page after every page when using an
HP PaintJet printer with CUPS/foomatic in Debian Lenny. IIRC, the
"pj" driver was the only supported driver for this printer in foomatic
under Lenny. I have since upgraded to Squeeze, and under Squeeze there
are two foomatic drivers for this printer. One is called "pj" and the
other is called "paintjet". The "pj" driver is listed as the recommended
driver. I experienced the same problem in Squeeze; so I decided to
give the "paintjet" driver a try. It now works perfectly! No more blank
pages! (Under the covers, foomatic is using the ghostscript drivers
by the same name in both cases; so the real bug is probably in ghostscript.)

Anyway, unless you consider wasting 50% of your paper to be a
valuable feature, I recommend the "paintjet" driver over the "pj" driver
to anyone who wishes to use the HP PaintJet printer under Linux,
despite what the official recommendation says.

--
.'`. Stephen Powell
: :' :