Old 04-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Hongyi Zhao

Default use scim-goolgpinyin under root.

Hi all,

I compiled and installed the scim-goolgpinyin under the normal user with
sudo command if necessary, see the following commands for detail:

--------------
$ sudo apt-get install git-core
$ git clone git://github.com/tchaikov/scim-googlepinyin.git
$ sudo apt-get install automake autotools-dev libtool libscim-dev scim im-
switch
$ cd scim-googlepinyin
$ sudo ./autogen.sh
$ sudo make install
--------------

After that, I can use it to input Chinese under the normal user, but when
I want to input some Chinese under root, say by using "sudo gedit
myfile", the scim-googlepinyin will haven't response to any key stroke,
so I cann't use it.

Any hints on this issue?

Regards.

--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry

Old 04-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 21:07:32 -0400, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> I compiled and installed the scim-goolgpinyin under the normal user with
> sudo command if necessary, see the following commands for detail:

(...)

> After that, I can use it to input Chinese under the normal user, but
> when I want to input some Chinese under root, say by using "sudo gedit
> myfile", the scim-googlepinyin will haven't response to any key stroke,
> so I cann't use it.
>
> Any hints on this issue?

I dunno how this program works but maybe you find something useful here:

http://code.google.com/p/scim-googlepinyin/issues/list
http://code.google.com/p/scim-googlepinyin/wiki/install

I would also try to launch the app from another non-root user (different
from the one you use to login) just to see if it fails only with root or
with any other plain user :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Yuanle Song

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> After that, I can use it to input Chinese under the normal user, but when
> I want to input some Chinese under root, say by using "sudo gedit
> myfile", the scim-googlepinyin will haven't response to any key stroke,
> so I cann't use it.
>
> Any hints on this issue?

Is XMODIFIERS and GTK_IM_MODULE set to correct value at root shell? If not

export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim

then try again.

--