Old 04-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Andrew McGlashan

Default obtaining copy of debian

Hi,

Kelly Clowers wrote:

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 05:27, Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 07:22:34AM -0400, Whit Hansell wrote:

Re Windows and ISO's. 'Doze "don't do ISO's." IOW you can't use a
native Windows MS product to burn ISO's to CD. There is a free
program out there, can't remember the name, that you can use.

It's infra recorder. I've used it before and it does burn ISOs.

Yeah, it's a good one, and one of the only Open Source recorders for
Windows.

I use this one, clean and freeware:

http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htm

Works very nicely, although there is one bugbear that annoys me.

The bugbear:
try to burn a DVD ISO to a CD blank and it burns, then gives up
when it runs out of space on the media..... better if it wouldn't
try to burn the DVD size ISO on a CD blank.

Aside from that, it is an excellent program for burning ISO files in
Windows.

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP

Archive: 4DA1DB2D.4000800@affinityvision.com.au">http://lists.debian.org/4DA1DB2D.4000800@affinityvision.com.au

Old 04-10-2011, 04:52 PM
shawn wilson

On Apr 10, 2011 12:32 PM, "Andrew McGlashan" <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,

> Kelly Clowers wrote:

>>> It's infra recorder. *I've used it before and it does burn ISOs.

>> Yeah, it's a good one, and one of the only Open Source recorders for

>> Windows.

> I use this one, clean and freeware:

> http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htm

> Works very nicely, although there is one bugbear that annoys me.

> The bugbear:

> *try to burn a DVD ISO to a CD blank and it burns, then gives up

> *when it runs out of space on the media..... better if it wouldn't

> *try to burn the DVD size ISO on a CD blank.

> Aside from that, it is an excellent program for burning ISO files in Windows.

I used to use imgburn for this. Disclaimer: I've spent <2 hours on windows in the past year so I can't comment on the current status of things.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Andrew McGlashan