Old 04-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Bob McGowan

Default 64 bit debian, 32 bit app and libaio.so.1 dependency

On 04/07/2011 01:25 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2011-04-07 22:10 +0200, Bob McGowan wrote:
>
>> I have a Perl based application tool set that uses DBD::Oracle libraries
>> from the Oracle 11 instant client package. The DBD was compiled in a 32
>> bit environment.
>>
>> Now there's a user who wants to run it on a 64 bit system, which at
>> least requires the installation of the 'ia32-libs' package.
>>
>> However, 'ia32-libs' does not include a 32 bit version of libaio.so.1,
>> which is required by the Oracle 11 libraries.
>
> It does, according to
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/amd64/ia32-libs/filelist.
>
> Sven

OK, I was basing my statement on what the end user had said, and did not
verify it myself.

Thanks for the reference.

--
Bob McGowan

Old 04-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Bob McGowan

On 04/07/2011 01:21 PM, George Standish wrote:
> On 11-04-07 04:10 PM, Bob McGowan wrote:
>> Hi, all,
>>
>> I have a Perl based application tool set that uses DBD::Oracle libraries
<<deleted details>>
>> So, is there a way currently to get a 32 bit library installed in a 64
>> bit environment using apt-get or aptitude, outside of the basic 32 bit
>> support package?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> I have had good personal success using the getlibs script to install
> 32bit libraries on 64bit systems (mainly for gaming purposes in my
> case), it utilises apt tools but is certainly a "hack".
>
> You can see the Debian forum post at
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=17215 for further details.
>
> George

I'll look into this, if needed. Sven's post indicates I need to be
looking at other issues, I think.

--
Bob McGowan