Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
David Sastre

Default Kernel configuration option "processor family" for core i5

Hello,

I'm trying to compile a 2.6.38 kernel and I'd like to know what would
be the best choice in "processor family" for an intel core i5.
FWIW, linux-image-2.6.32-5 brings CONFIG_M686=y as default.
I'm just wondering if there would be a better suited option for this
cpu.

TIA.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB