Old 04-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Javier Vasquez

Default something changed in unstable initramfs-tools?

Hi,

It used to be until yesterday that nouveau (controlled by KMS) was
automatically loaded by the kernel, as well as snd-hda-intel, and the
kernel hadn't changed since (2.6.38-2-amd64), so I imagined in
yesterday's upgrade initramfs-tools changed...

Is this the default now? I added the modules to /etc/modules, so not
big deal, but I just wanted to make sure that's the way to go...

Thanks,

--
Javier.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Roger Leigh

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 11:02:57AM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It used to be until yesterday that nouveau (controlled by KMS) was
> automatically loaded by the kernel, as well as snd-hda-intel, and the
> kernel hadn't changed since (2.6.38-2-amd64), so I imagined in
> yesterday's upgrade initramfs-tools changed...
>
> Is this the default now? I added the modules to /etc/modules, so not
> big deal, but I just wanted to make sure that's the way to go...

Broken udev, as discussed in a separate thread a few hours ago.
To work around this for now, "rm -rf /run" and restart udev.

--
.'`. Roger Leigh

Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Javier Vasquez

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 11:02:57AM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It used to be until yesterday that nouveau (controlled by KMS) was
>> automatically loaded by the kernel, as well as snd-hda-intel, and the
>> kernel hadn't changed since (2.6.38-2-amd64), so I imagined in
>> yesterday's upgrade initramfs-tools changed...
>>
>> Is this the default now? *I added the modules to /etc/modules, so not
>> big deal, but I just wanted to make sure that's the way to go...
>
> Broken udev, as discussed in a separate thread a few hours ago.
> To work around this for now, "rm -rf /run" and restart udev.
>
> --
> *.'`. *Roger Leigh

You were absolutely right...

Thanks,