Old 04-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Michael Tsang

Default How can I input Chinese under the Linux console?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up a Chinese environment under the framebuffer Linux console.
I've already installed jfbterm and it can display Chinese for me. How can I
input Chinese into jfbterm?

Also, I can't get jfbterm work with mouse. Can you suggest another framebuffer
terminal which can display Chinese and use gpm mouse (both zhcon and bogl-
bterm cannot display my Chinese properly)?

Michael

Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 PM
张启德

2011/4/6 Michael Tsang <miklcct@gmail.com>:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to set up a Chinese environment under the framebuffer Linux console.
> I've already installed jfbterm and it can display Chinese for me. How can I
> input Chinese into jfbterm?
>
> Also, I can't get jfbterm work with mouse. Can you suggest another framebuffer
> terminal which can display Chinese and use gpm mouse (both zhcon and bogl-
> bterm cannot display my Chinese properly)?

Try zchon or fbterm, you should run " zhcon --utf8" instead of "zhcon"
. The default encoding in zhcon is GB2312,
but you locale is set to utf8, so zhcon cannot display chinese
properly. If you want to browse the webpage such
as "www.sina.com.cn" using lynx or w3m in console, you should run
"zhon". Most of the webpage encoding in China website
is set to GB2312,GBK, or GB18030.

If you more like fbterm , you can input Chinese using "fbterm-ucimf"
in squeeze ( zhcon has its own input method).

If you have more questions about Chinese environmet in linux, you can
get more help from chinese-gb@lists.debian.org (
chinese-big5@lists.debian.org for Traditional Chinese).Join #ubuntu-cn
in irc.freenode.net is also a good choice.

Good Luck!