-   -   Gnome 3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/510578-gnome-3-a.html)

Virgil Brummond 04-06-2011 06:36 AM

Gnome 3

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I was wondering what Debian
has planned for Gnome 3 and the Gnome-Shell. Also if anyone was
interested or looking forward to using it. I believe it is going to be
released by upstream in under 24 hours.

Ron Johnson 04-06-2011 07:01 AM

Gnome 3

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I was wondering what Debian
has planned for Gnome 3 and the Gnome-Shell.

Are you asking if Debian will reject it in favor of remaining with
v2.32? Or asking how long to will take to reach Testing?

Also if anyone was
interested or looking forward to using it.

Since I... well, my opinion of GNOME's We Know Best attitude leads only
to Godwin.

I believe it is going to be
released by upstream in under 24 hours.

corrupt."

Archive: 4D9C0FC5.9000106@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4D9C0FC5.9000106@cox.net

Roman Khomasuridze 04-06-2011 07:30 AM

Gnome 3

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I was wondering what Debian

has planned for Gnome 3 and the Gnome-Shell
Well, That's quite a big transition. I remember KDE 4.x reached testing at version 4.3 (I guess).* I seriously doubt that gnome 3.x will appear in next stable release. But anyways, I might be wrong.

Also if anyone was interested or looking forward to using it

Personally - no. I already switched to Xfce.

Regards
------------
Roman

Virgil Brummond 04-06-2011 07:40 AM

Gnome 3

> Are you asking if Debian will reject it in favor of remaining with
> v2.32? Or asking how long to will take to reach Testing?

I suppose a bit of both. I am mainly interested when it might be
packaged. Though I am not in a hurry to switch to it.

Antti Talsta 04-06-2011 07:50 AM

Gnome 3

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 02:36:43AM -0400, Virgil Brummond wrote:
> Also if anyone was interested or looking forward to using it.

It looks really good. I'm in no hurry to install, better to wait awhile
for the most serious bugs to be fixed.

--
Antti Talsta

Liam O'Toole 04-06-2011 12:41 PM

Gnome 3

On 2011-04-06, Virgil Brummond <uraharakisuke153@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this has already been discussed. I was wondering what Debian
> has planned for Gnome 3 and the Gnome-Shell. Also if anyone was
> interested or looking forward to using it. I believe it is going to be
> released by upstream in under 24 hours.

Probably the best source of information is the relevant mailing list:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland

Virgil Brummond 04-06-2011 05:02 PM

Gnome 3

> Probably the best source of information is the relevant mailing list:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/

Thank you very much! I will give this a look.

Jeffrey Gray 12-01-2011 04:32 PM

Gnome 3

Anyone messed with gnome3? I tried it on my netbook and it chocked
the living crap out of it. I am now using it on my work PC as well as
the wife's box at home and find it fairly slick.

Anyone with any thoughts?

Pete 12-01-2011 05:11 PM

Gnome 3