Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Default Gnome 3

On 12/01/2011 04:03 PM, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:

On 12/01/2011 01:11 PM, Pete wrote:

On 12/01/2011 05:32 PM, Jeffrey Gray wrote:

Anyone messed with gnome3? I tried it on my netbook and it chocked
the living crap out of it. I am now using it on my work PC as well as
the wife's box at home and find it fairly slick.

Anyone with any thoughts?

Oh yeah, I'm digging it. Seems quicker than Unity. Plus I'm really
getting to like the action that clicking the Activities button (or
hitting the Winkey) does. Everything right there...

Hi,
Well I quite like it!.......But it has it's downsides (no screen saver
to name 1)

Remedy described here:
http://www.webupd8.org/2011/10/things-to-tweak-after-installing-ubuntu.html

Warning, though... I just did this for my machine... Somehow it decided
to pull in a buttload of KDE crap...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818