Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Thierry Chatelet

Default Asus A8N-E - debian-amd64 hangs during installation

On Tuesday 05 April 2011 21:15:53 Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 April 2011 20:45:58 Kamil Jońca wrote:
> > I have box with sid i386 installed on it.
> > It has two disks WDC WD1001FALS in raid5 array (md0)
> > On md0 exists lvm.
> >
> > I tried to install debian-6.0.1a-amd64 but with no success
> > 1. Firstly I tried to install on prepared logical volume - kernel oops
> > (dmesg can be seen http://strony.aster.pl/kjonca/instalka.amd64.log)
> > 2. Then I tried to use some other spare disks; either sata or pata - no
> > success also. Sometimes i can see kernel oops, sometimes I cannot even
> > change console from installer.
> >
> > Googling for debian amd64 on this motherboard gives me posts from
> > ~2005-2006, but nothing more.
> >
> > Can I redirect somehow installer logs to for example pendrive, to save
> > oops?
> > KJ
>
> Try to increase the voltage on memories first (if I recall right what did),
> or on cpu. You should find a post from me around the time you give.
> Thierry

Ok, no idea why, but it worked ok this time!!! So squeeze installed now and
everything is OK
Thierry

Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 PM

Andrej Kacian <andrej+debian@kacian.sk> writes:

> On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 20:45:58 +0200
> kjonca@poczta.onet.pl (Kamil Jońca) wrote:
>
>>It has two disks WDC WD1001FALS in raid5 array (md0)
>
> Hello,
>
> just out of curiosity, why did you choose raid5 for a two-disk setup?

Sorry for late reply; Simply: I plan to add another disk to array.
KJ

--
http://blogdebart.pl/2009/12/22/mamy-chorych-dzieci/
kondensator - kondensatorych - kondensatoremu