Old 04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Ezequiel Larrarte

Default Openoffice.

Hi everyone, I ve reinstalled my computer with a fresh Debian squeeze and now openoffice quickstart doesn't let me reboot my PC. I be been reading that it's an openoffice bug, any news about this?

Another strange thing is that everytime I open a document from the my samba server using smb://user@server/share/, it asks me the password .. Any ideas?

Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 12:24:20 -0300, Ezequiel Larrarte wrote:

> Hi everyone, I ve reinstalled my computer with a fresh Debian squeeze
> and now openoffice quickstart doesn't let me reboot my PC. I be been
> reading that it's an openoffice bug, any news about this?

Do you mean this?

> Another strange thing is that everytime I open a document from the my
> samba server using smb://user@server/share/, it asks me the password ..
> Any ideas?

Every time?

Maybe is Seahorse, the password manager for GNOME but it should provide
options for storing the password (forget, remember for this
session...) :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Camaleón

El 2011-04-05 a las 21:55 -0300, Ezequiel Larrarte escribió:

(forwarding to the list)

> On Apr 5, 2011 1:53 PM, "Camaleón" wrote:

(...)

> >> Another strange thing is that everytime I open a document from the my
> >> samba server using smb://user@server/share/, it asks me the password ..
> >> Any ideas?
> >
> > Every time?
> >
> > Maybe is Seahorse, the password manager for GNOME but it should provide
> > options for storing the password (forget, remember for this
> > session...) :-?

> Its not gnome, the problem is the openoffice. It shows me a popup asking for
> the network user and password ... Maybe something related to gvfs, fuse?

Well, GNOME (seahorse) asks me every time I want to access to a samba share
(smb://), regardless if I'm inside OOo or using nautilus, but this
behaviour can be configured and even disabled.

Are you sure it's OOo and not DE? If it's OOo, I've never seen that before
:-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Camaleón

El 2011-04-06 a las 12:05 -0300, Ezequiel Larrarte escribió:

(resending to the list)

> I follow these steps:
> * Alt+f2 ... Smb://user@host/share
> * Gnome password manager asks me for the authentication information
> * an icon is then created on the desktop to the network share
> * umount the share
> * try to connect again
> * fine, gnome mounts the share without asking me the password again
> * try to open a text file from the share ... No problem, gedit opens the
> file
> * try to open an openoffice file and the pop up appears asking me the
> password ... So its an open office issue I think

Oh, yes, then what it can be failing is the seahorse integration with
OpenOffice. There was a similar bug reported for Ubuntu¹ but provided
it should have been fixed some years ago, this could be a regression
:-?

[gvfs] [smb] OpenOffice isn't integrated with gnome-keyring
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/229839

Greetings,

--
Camaleón